What are NordicTrack Elliptical Trainers?
The NordicTrack Elliptical Trainer is a newer machine from the makers of NordicTrack. It was created with a myriad of features in mind. The purpose? To challenge any physical fitness guru to see if they are brave enough to take it on.
Certain elliptical trainers can be adjusted in order to increase or decrease the incline of the machine. Some even let you make that adjustment with the touch of a button. It goes from 0 degrees all the way up to 20 degrees. There is also an adjustable stride that goes between 18 and 20 inches.
The NordicTrack Elliptical Trainer is versatile for anyone looking to kick their fitness routine into gear. If you need some motivation, there’s a full-color, 7-inch touch screen that has a web browser, along with 32 pre-programmed exercise routines. All of those routines were created and are taught by a certified trainer. There’s even ‘iFit Live’ that can be downloaded, giving you an unlimited range of fitness programs you can try.
NordicTrack Ellipticals Overview
You hear “NordicTrack Elliptical” and you instantly think exercise machines, workout, or something similar. That is how synonymous the company’s name has become with fitness.
They have been helping people get into shape since the 1970s. There are so many trends that come and go, especially in the fitness industry. For an exercise machine to become a part of the landscape, is quite an impressive feat.
So, what are they? What do they do? How do they work? Well, there are quite a few answers to those questions.
- Elliptical trainers help you work your muscles in different ways, thanks to their incline.
- They work your core as you hold yourself steady on the track.
- The power cline position makes it possible for you to target your glutes.
- They can be used for a recovery day because they can be adjusted to offer a lighter workout.
- They can also be used to challenge yourself by changing the difficulty levels on the machine.
How many different ellipticals do they have?
There are about a dozen elliptical machines on the market today. Let’s take a quick look at them. They include:
- NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical
- NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical
- NordicTrack Elite 12.7 Elliptical
- NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial Elliptical
- NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Elliptical
- NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i Elliptical
- NordicTrack C 9.5 Elliptical
- NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical
- NordicTrack C 12.9 Elliptical
- NordicTrack Fusion CST
- NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS5i
- NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical
There are a lot of benefits to choosing a NordicTrack Elliptical Trainer. Just the name “NordicTrack” alone is as synonymous with fitness as Kleenex is to tissues. Here are just a few of the reasons why these are a solid choice for your workout routine.
- It’s good for your heart because it increases your heart rate and expands your cardio.
- They are intuitive and quite easy to learn how to use.
- You will watch calories fall off right and left every single time you use it.
- There are so many program options (from hill climbing to interval training) that you will never get bored.
- You can work out on them even after an injury. Very carefully, obviously, but you can maintain your routine without doing anything too difficult on your body. There’s less stress on your joints with an elliptical.
- They will help you improve your balance so you can begin that tightrope career you’ve always dreamed of.
- You can target specific muscles in your leg, your core, your glutes, and more.
- You’ll get both an upper and a lower body workout.
There are always two sides to every coin. No matter how awesome the elliptical is on one hand, there are still a few things to be on the lookout for.
- It is a very low impact workout. This means if your goal is to build muscle strength, then this probably isn’t the machine to do that on.
- Because you’re standing upright walking on it, it could be hard on your knees if you have difficulty with them. Something like a stationary bike is much easier on the knees than an elliptical.
- Speaking of stationary bikes, an elliptical burns about 355 calories on a 155lb person. If you were to jump on a bike and do some vigorous cycling, or join a high intensity step class, you would burn even more calories.
The price of these, just like the price of most things, varies greatly. Here are three different models so you can get a better idea of how much they’ll cost you.
- NordicTrack Spacesaver SE9i Elliptical Trainers
This elliptical allows you to adjust your resistance with the touch of a button. There are 24 different resistance levels you can play with if you want to get a higher intensity workout. There’s even a built-in heart rate sensor, an iFit bluetooth, and a 7” HD touchscreen. Plus, there are 30 workout apps and an automated fan.
- Nautilus Elliptical Trainer
How would you like to track your goals so that you can see which exercise milestones you have hit? Well, now you can. You can also enjoy 22 programs, 8 heart rate controls, 9 profiles, 2 fitness tests, and 20 levels of resistance that will keep you challenged for quite a while.
- NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical Training Machine
This machine will make you feel like you have a personal trainer. There’s a 1 year iFit membership included that allows you to access interactive trainer classes being led all around the globe. There’s a 10 inch HD touchscreen, 19 inches of adjustable stride, and a 20 degree adjustable power ramp.
NordicTrack machines are known for their high quality. They are so confident in their machines that they offer an extensive warranty should anything go wrong.
Any workout machine is going to be as effective as you make it. After all, it takes dedication to start seeing the changes you want to see.
There are also several ways you can adjust the machine to be more challenging. You don’t have to climb at the same incline or walk at the same speed. You can make adjustments to be sure you are constantly challenging yourself and waking up your muscles.
How does NordicTrack compare to its competitors?
NordicTrack has watched many competitors come and go throughout it’s nearly five decades in production. It’s not just dumb luck that keeps the NordicTrack brand alive. It’s the way it delivers results. If it didn’t perform the way it needed to, then it would have been obsoleted by the next big thing a long, long time ago.
Instead, NordicTrack is still going strong, as it watches phases come and phases go. These machines aren’t likely to go anywhere anytime soon. You see, they have become a classic at this point and classics never go out of style.
The NordicTrack Elliptical Trainer is a solid option for those looking to get into a healthy, positive workout routine. They are flexible and can accommodate any body type or physical needs. They’re definitely worth giving a try.